After visiting with friends in Roswell the kids and I headed to Grandma and Grandpa Turtle's in Jal, NM. Jal is a tiny town in south eastern NM. I always have to explain this to people since not everybody has heard of Jal. The nice thing about visiting Jal (besides seeing grandma and grandpa, of course) is that it is so small that you are forced to stop and enjoy the moments. I explain to people that Jal has 3 gas stations and 2 hometown restaurants. I'm talking hometown restaurants in the sense that when the waitress gives you the menu you have to ask "Do you have ____________(insert the item you are thinking of ordering)?" There is a possibility they might say they don't have that item that day.
We took our bikes to Jal and it was so nice to just ride our bikes around town. We rode the bikes to Grandma Turtle's school (she is a kindergarten teacher). We then rode to the Jal lake, to the Allsups for ice cream, then back to Grandma's school. We did this both day's we were there. Grandma introduced us to her class and we helped out in the classroom. Ally and Ryan really enjoyed this. I think they felt like celebrities.
In the evenings we hung out at grandma and grandpa's. The kids would ride their bikes in the backyard or played in grandpa's shed.
Posing for pictures in the back yard.
Ally "ramping" her bike in the front yard.
Ryan concentrates as he takes on the "ramp".
No comments:
Post a Comment