Monday, May 9, 2011

Ryan's Botanical Garden Field Trip

A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of accompanying Ryan on his Botanical Garden field troop. I volunteer a couple days a week in his classroom, for a couple hours, so all his classmates are comfortable with me. It's funny because his teacher treats me as a co-teacher when I am there. So, the kids respond to me just like I was their teacher. One mom of a girl in Ryan's class even came up to me and said "my daughter told me that you work at the school now. That is so awesome". I laughed and explained that I volunteer in Ryan's and Ally's class a couple times a week.
Ryan with his friends. The two on the left are his "best friends".

Playing red light, green light.


Posing for a class photo. 25 students in his class. When I walk into Ryan's class, usually 3 to 4 students, not counting Ryan, run up and hug me. I also have 3 students who consistently tell me that they love me. Kindergarten is a whole different game than 8th graders (the grade I teach). I have definitely enjoyed this part of being a stay at home mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment