Monday, February 27, 2012

Follow up to "What is Going On"

So here is an update on how Henry and I are doing health wise (in case the posts "What the heck is going on I and II" scared the heck out of you).

Henry has not been in pain, nor needed painkillers in over a week. His doctor and him have figured out that within 3 days of getting off an antibiotic, Henry would develop more lesions and infection. This would force him to be popping hyrdrocodone's throughout the day. Now, he is on an antibiotic indefinitely and is feeling back to normal. He has one more procedure coming up and then we should definitely have a diagnosis (most likely Crohn's Disease).

I am not feeling as bad as I had been feeling. My face in no longer going numb every now and then (a symptom I forgot to mention in an earlier post). However, I am feeling exhausted like never before. I do not like to take naps, but have found that I almost need one everyday. I am working part-time which really helps. However, a couple weeks ago I worked all day for couple days and I sure paid for it during the weekend. On that Saturday I took Ally to her volleyball game then took Ryan to his basketball game. I was feeling so weak and empty. When one of the kids would lean on me, pain would radiate where they were touching me, and the little energy I did have would disapear. The kids have learned to ask me "can I lean on you or are you hurting?" :( Like I stated earlier, I need to take time to nap or at the least, relax for a least an hour everyday. I will soon be making a doctors appointment to see if there are different avenues I could pursue to help with the exhaustion.

On that note . . . WOW, the doctor bills are flying in. In the last week I have paid over $500 in doctor bills. And I'm sure more are on the way. But you know what? We are blessed. We have health insurance (which many people don't) and we are blessed to be able to pay the bills. God will provide.

I only put this picture in because Charlene said she doesn't like posts that don't have pictures. Enjoy ;)

2 comments:

  1. Glad for the update. I've been praying for you guys. I am just amazed by the hope that is in you...it just pours out, even through pain. You guys are incredible.

    (I also prefer posts with pictures)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been remiss in checking blogs, so now that I know what is going on, I will be praying for you all.

    Also, I LOVE your haircut! (So I am glad you posted a pic)

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete