So, if you did not know by now, I am no longer working. I took a year off for the 2010-2011 school year (one year after being diagnosed with MS). I went back to work, full-time, for the 2011-2012 school year. Within a month of working I started to realize that my fatigue was really impacting my job and home life. So, I asked my principal if I could work part-time starting in the Spring semester. I found even with working part-time I was hurting. Not just with the fatigue, but actually physically hurting. I had such terrible nerve pain. In March I had to give my letter of intent for the upcoming school year. I prayed asking God for guidance. I enjoyed working. I enjoyed teaching. I enjoyed the students. But, my family life was being negatively impacted. And in that I got my answer. There were times I had to actually tell Ally and Ryan not to touch me because the pain would radiate to wherever they were putting pressure on me. So I put my resignation letter in, finished the school year, and became a stay at home mom.
Staying home this time is different from when I took the year off because it seems so permanent. But, I am fortune that I do not need to work. Henry's job provides nicely for our family. So how is the MS? Well, I definitely do not have as much energy. I tire out very easily. Some days are harder than others. I try to go for a walk, around the neighborhood a few times of the week. But there have been a few days here and there where I walk about half a block and have to turn around because my body is exhausted (even though I woke up just 2 hours earlier). I take a nap almost everyday. My new neurologist has prescribe something for the nerve pain, which is definitely helping. But, I just constantly feel like I can not accomplish as much as I want to. And my memory and thought process just seems so cloudy.
But like I said, I am fortunate that I can stay home. I am fortunate that my MS is not as bad as it could be. I can still drive (which a friend of mine with MS can not). I volunteer at the kids school to stay busy. I am still volunteering with AWANA. And I have such caring and loving friends and family. Blessed.
I just need to remember the lyrics to one of my favorite songs, My Savior, My God, whenever I am struggling.
I am not skilled to understand
What God has willed, what God has planned
What God has willed, what God has planned
I only know at His right hand, Stands one who is my Savior
No comments:
Post a Comment