I had hoped to get back into the gym once the kids went back to school. Well, a week into school and I have yet to do that. So when I told Henry that I needed to exercise, he said "ride your bike to Wal-Mart tomorrow and run your errands there." Well, this man is just full of wisdom, isn't he? So, I ran the kids to school this morning and came home to get some things I needed to run some errands. As I walked through the garage to my car, I heard my bike calling my name. So, I went inside, grabbed a backpack and took off to Wal-Mart. The bike ride there is not too hard. Quite a bit of it is downhill. So, I did my shopping and barely fit everything I bought into my backpack. However, there wasn't room in my backpack anymore for my purse. So, I tied my purse to the handlebars and headed over to Walgreens. At Walgreens I picked up some medications and headed back home. Uphill, with a heavy backpack on my back, and my purse hanging/balancing on the handlebars. It was a slow process. Heck, at times Ryan would probably be walking faster than I was riding (and if you know Ryan you know how slow I was pedaling). With lots of sweat (no tears) I made it home. YAY!
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Staying Home
So as many of you know, I am taking a year off from work. When I requested a leave of absence for a year, District Office asked me for what reason. I replied "because I want to take a year off". So here I am, with my husband at work and my two kids in school. I thought I would have have so much time free to do what ever my heart desired. Whoa, was I wrong. It seems that every day I have a list of chores (a list I created myself) of things that must be done. So last night I expressed this fact to Henry and I asked "where is all my free time?" He pointed out that the free time is in the evenings and weekends when the family is home. He said that if I wasn't running all my errands during the week that our evening and weekends would be spent running errands (just as it was when I was working). Point taken.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment