Friday, November 5, 2010

Home Made Halloween Costumes

Well, since I am a stay at home mom now, I made the kids Halloween costumes. Now, this wasn't my plan from the start. I only chose to do this after my kids chose to be Jessie and Woody from Toy Story and I could not find their sizes in any store. I went to every Halloween store, every Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, and Target in Albuquerque. I even had my mom and sister check the Wal-Mart in Taos, Espanola, and Santa Fe. I did find one Jessie costume online in Ally's size, for $60! I don't think so. However, after making their costumes, I probably spent that much on supplies. Oh, but I have the memories.
I bought a white shirt, sewed the yellow material on, made and sewed on the yellow cuffs, and put the red "rope" details on".
Smile for the camera Ryan. Yeah right. I made the vest, bought a yellow shirt and drew the red lines on, bought a belt at Goodwill, made the buckle and sheriff badge and put a holster on his belt.
I also made Ally's chaps. They all ready had their boots and their hats. Pretty fancy stuff.




1 comment:

  1. I am totally impressed! Toy Story is a huge hit around here too. Those are great costumes! I am not crafty at all, so I totally envy your talent. Good job.

    ReplyDelete