Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Ryan turns 7!

Ok, pretend that I am posting this on June 12th.

Ryan is now 7 years old!  Seven years ago, a nine month pregnant me, woke up on a Sunday morning and said, "that was a terrible night of sleep."  Once I went to the bathroom and realized I was in labor, our wonderful son was born three short hours later.  He has always been in a hurry, my little speed racer.

Ryan continues to be very inquisitive.  He constantly wants to know why, what, where, when or how  It has taken me quite a long time to understand that Ryan is not always being non-compliant.  He just wants his questions answered.  True, he comes off as non-compliant when you say something such as "put your shoes on so we can go to the store" and he asks why.  "Because I said" is not a sufficient answer for this boy.  He wants answers.

Ryan continues to charm everyone he comes across.  His kindergarten teacher loved him.  His first grade teacher fell hard for him also.  He loves to make people smile and laugh.  He got a good dose of  silliness from his Grandpa Cookie.  On the other hand, if he is not in a silly mood and someone who is playing with him is, he gets very upset.  If I get silly with him and he is not in the mood, he will say "Stop mom.  I'm serious" in a very stern tone.  Whenever he says,  "I'm hungry" I will reply, "Hi hungry".  Oh, that gets him going.  "Don't call me names.  Be serious.  I'm serious".

He still loves legos.  He is very meticulous when looking for a specific piece (again, this reminds me of his uncle Travis).  He continues to love guns, swords and light sabers.  Seriously, this kid has an arsenal.  And he somehow always convinces one of his grandparents to buy him another gun, sword or light saber.


Here's Ryan at his birthday party at the park.  He loves to smile.


     

No comments:

Post a Comment