Sunday, June 12, 2011

Happy 6th Birthday Ryan!


Today is Ryan's 6th birthday. Like I say over and over, my kids are growing up too fast. One of the blogs I follow will do updates on her children on their birthdays. So, I decided I will try to summarize who Ryan is as a six year old.

Ryan is, and has always been, a kid who wants answers. "Just because" or "because I said so" do not suffice with this child. He wants concrete answers for all his questions. The questions can be as simple as "why do I have to put my shoes on?" to the more complex questions such as "what is so great about being a kid?" He wants specific answers such as "you need to put your shoes on because we are going to the store to buy milk because we finished it all this morning" or "there are many great things about being a kid such as 1. you don't have to worry about bills 2. mom cooks all your meals 3. mom does your laundry 4. you don't have to work (which he replied to with "but school is my work"). So true. He will always counter with an arguement.

Ryan is a compassionate child. He truly feels deeply. He breaks down to tears almost on a daily basis because, as I say, his heart breaks. If I promised to make him tacos for dinner then I try to switch it later, you can see, on his face, his heart break as he bursts into tears. He has burst into tears in the middle of class because a classmate wont share with him. On the other side, he cares about everyone with all his heart. He is not always willing to show it, as he runs from your hugs or kisses, but he will randomly run up to us and give us the tightest longest hugs possible. He will not kiss us though. Nor will he say "I love you" to us. I joke that he is afraid of commitment. One day I was having a really hard day and was feeling really low and he came over and put his little arm around my shoulder and said "don't be sad, you are good at a lot of things". He then started listing all the things I was good at. One of them being a good speller. Got to love him.

Ryan and Ally are best friends with an occasional argument here and there. He loves to wrestle with any adult that will wrestle with him. And he is obsessed with Star Wars and guns/swords/light sabers. He definitely has an arsenal of weapons. And he probably added 4 more weapons with this birthday.

He came fast into this world and he has kept us on our toes from day one. Happy Birthday Bubba. We love you more than you will ever know.
6 years ago . . . . . . . .
and today.

No comments:

Post a Comment